Saturday, September 11, 2010

Labor Day Parade

Every Labor Day, the Cleys family has a huge tent set up at September Fest right along the parade route. Every year, we are too busy to go. One year it was our wedding weekend, a couple years Chris was out of town, two years ago the babies were too small. So we thought this year would be perfect.

I love that this parade is at the end of the summer. There's always too much going on around the 4th of July. We decided to bring the new wagon and give it a try.

The kids were absolutely great! So many people remarked about how calm they were and that their kids would have been running around like crazy. I tell ya, we have 3 little observers on our hands!

First, they had to have a juice break in the wagon


Then it was time to sit on the curb and watch the parade


It was fantastic to see so many great friends. Mimi helped the kids get LOTS of candy!


The kids tried Smarties for the first time and loved them. This will work out just fine during Halloween because I don't like those at all! I'll take the chocolate!

Jack was wondering why he had just one lollipop while Josh was sporting 3!

Lizzy was great with the kiddos! A teacher in the making!
My theory was reinfored that I am dealing with a hoarder here. She even sat on the candy to keep it away from her brothers!

Of course, we are the only ones looking at the camera!

After observing some other kids, mine finally started getting up to get the candy around them. It was a fun game for them to get it and put it in the bag. I can't tell you how many Dum Dum lollipops we went through. Josh opened every single one he grabbed!
After staying for about 2 hours, the kids were exhausted. As soon as we got them in the car, they fell asleep. All in all, I was really glad that we went. The weather was beautiful and the company was even better!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a blast!! They looked adorable:)

    Wanted to invite to to come back again this year and participate in the Blog For A Cure Blog Party! I have even bigger prizes to give away this year! www.whoknewreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like they had fun! Our town's Festival starts Tuesday. I am excited because the girls will actually be able to enjoy it this year!

    ReplyDelete