Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hippo vs. Dolphin

Today we decided to venture out to the zoo. You'll remember that the last time we did this was in the afternoon in mid summer with our out of town guests. I am happy to report that this time Josh was very well behaved!
Again, I'd like to point out that having the other kids back to school is absolute Heaven! The zoo was empty, just like we were used too!

It was a very humid day so we arrived right when it opened. We visited our favorites, the okapis, Josh's favorite, the giraffes. Jack wanted to see some frogs. We showed him an alligator instead!

We then headed over to Abby's favorite exhibit, the hippos. This one was a bit tired.

We went next door and this guy was hanging out in the water with the monkeys. I just wish we could have gotten a closer look. You have to see them from high above.
I wanted to use our dolphin passes for the show at 11:30am. We were a little worried about their attention span, but the show was 20 minutes long. Every seat had a great view. Abby was mesmerized. The boys started to get fidgety. Chris and I really enjoyed the show!

From there we worked our way to the cats and other indoor exhibits. The kids passed out on the way home in the nice, cool car. Can't wait to come back to the zoo when it is fall!

2 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! Your zoo is a lot "cooler" than ours, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally want to go to the zoo now! I'm going to have to borrow some nieces and nephews and plan a trip! :)
    You have a beautiful family... your little ones are just so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete