Can I just say that this month they seem to be looking like grown kids. Look at the 21 month pic of Ab and this month's. Does she look older or what? Another telltale sign is when they are next to a kid who is younger than them. It's funny to see my babies not be the little ones.
I can definitely say that we have entered our "terrible twos" just a bit early. The fighting seems to be an almost hourly thing. There is also a lot of whining and jealousy. I also think that they have their molars coming in and that can make a huge difference.
The biting has made a comeback and something definitely needs to be done to stop that. Any suggestions? They seem to be immune to the vinegar.
Here's what's happening:
Abby: Still attached to mommy. Is a pro at naming body parts. I have noticed that she is a great student with the speech therapist. The boys kinda check out after 20 minutes and Abby is still sitting right up front and doing everything she says! She still loves to organize everything! Abs developed a new shyness technique in which she closes her eyes. It's hilarious when our neighbor, Doug, calls her name and we watch her reaction. Abby's favorite food is definitely pizza. She often times eats more than her brothers! Every night she takes her puppy stuffed animal to bed. I love that they finally have something of their own!
Josh: Still the bully. He has gotten really bad with pulling Abby's hair. Now he rips strands out. Definitely the most resistant to authority. I think the teething has a lot to do with his whininess as well. Josh loves to play with shovels, his water table, and go down the slide on our playset. He has really changed in that he loves to smile now and that comes in handy with the camera! He also screams when he is excited. I love it!
Jack: My little puzzle master! Chris gave the kids his old Disney puzzles and Jack has worked hard to perfect each and every one. He's doing great with talking and loves to repeat words when asked. He still loves the water table the most and will ignore everything else outside. His morning routine consists of running to get his shoes and bringing them to me. I always have to explain that we have to change diapers and clothes before going outside!
This month we have the 4th of July Parade, which should be interesting, and we are hoping they will be content with watching from their strollers. We hope to go swimming in Great Grandma's pool and get them used to the water. I signed them up for 2 classes, gymnastics and Kindermusic. I am doing the rotation system again and it seems to be working well. I really want to get them used to being around other children. I also love to see how they act when they are alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


They are looking a lot older! Funny...our Maggie loves pizza too and is sooo attached to her stuffed pup-pup!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the biting coming back. Have you tried a touch of tabasco sauce on your finger? And oh man...strands of hair?
Awesome family picture of you guys!