Another first around here...Soccer! You should have seen us going to pick out the gear. I was clueless as I have never played! We have practice Wednesday nights and games on Saturdays.
Can I just say how much I love this league!!! The coaches are fantastic and knew the kids names by the second practice. They know what they are doing and keep the kids occupied the whole time with drills and games.
I can definitely see improvement with each and every practice. Abby is quite the go getter. She will go up to the ball, but is afraid to get in there and actually kick and steal the ball. Jack tries, but definitely not his hardest. He will chase after it, but again, our kids are just not aggressive. Josh, that boy! He is a bit lazy and doesn't run after the ball.
Thankfully, every weekend has been wonderful and it really is exciting to watch the kids play. They have come such a long way since the first game when they would stand there and pick their nails.
We have also lucked out that in each time the kids have played goalie, there has been a lot of this going on because the ball barely went their direction. Woo hoo!
And the uniforms are just so darn adorable!!!
Our team is so fantastic. Our neighbor's son is on the team as well as a girl from their old preschool. We met some wonderful people and see a lot of people we know when the other team practices with us on Wednesdays. I will actually be sad when the season comes to a close at the end of October!




No comments:
Post a Comment