When I awoke, my stomach was very hard. Mind you, I never knew that a pregnant belly should be soft to the touch. People would feel my belly and tell me I could be having contractions. Anyway, I went on my lifesaver website, Triplet Connection, and asked the ladies how I would know I was having contractions. I explained that my stomach was mostly hard and they suggested to be on the safe side and go see the doc.
I called the high risk doc, who is located an hour away at the hospital. I thought, no big deal, I will drive to the doctor and be home later. WRONG! As soon as Dr. Ouiyang examined me, he said I wasn't going anywhere. They immediately called down to Labor and Delivery and wheeled me in. It was such a whirlwind. I was kinda excited (I had no clue about the risks), but I really wanted Chris with me.
They took me to a bed and hooked an IV in my hand and put the contraction machine modules on my belly. I was then given some shots ( I think in the butt, I can't remember) to try to stop the contractions. Dr. Silver then came to explain to me the risks associated with pre-term delivery. He basically had to give me all the bad case scenarios, which of course, freaked me out.
I remember calling Chris, who was on his way home anyway, and him being so worried. I didn't want to look at the statistics sheet that they gave me.
Lying in that bed was SO horrible. The bed was very uncomfortable and going to the bathroom every couple minutes with an IV metal pole following me wasn't fun either. I remember the nurses being so great to me. Chris and his mom came around 10pm and the contractions finally subsided.
They were going to move me up to the Women's floor, but there wasn't a bed available. I stayed in Labor & Delivery and had the WORST rest ever! Trying to sleep with 3 babies inside is hard enough, throw in a lumpy bed and a tempermental bladder and forget it! Not to mention the nurses who came in to check my stats and switch out IV bags.
I have to say that in the morning, after not being able to eat anything, I had the best breakfast. I was so surprised when they handed me a menu and told me to call in my order. Woo hoo! They had everything on that menu. In my time there, I ended up trying almost everything on that menu ;)
Apparently, they really wanted to get outta there!


No comments:
Post a Comment