Wednesday, July 1, 2009

10 Month Update

A little late here because time just flies and we're super busy. The trio turned 10 months last Friday the 26th. The day before, GG and I took them to their montly ped appt. Chris had to leave for work early that day.

I should have known when scheduling an appt. for 9:45 and having to meet with the doc. that it would be awhile. Usually they weigh them and give the shots and we leave. Uggh! All I can say is thank goodness I brought the puffs to eat!

Here are the stats, if you can believe it:
Abby: 21 lbs. 10 oz. (80 %) Length: 29.5 in. (95%)
Jack: 20 lbs. 12 oz. (50 %) Length: 29 in. (55%)
Josh: 22 lbs. 1 oz. (70%) Length: 28 1/4 in. (30%)

Wow! Abby is definitely our tall girl. It is so fun to see the differences in percentiles between boys and girls. Josh is our biggest and shortest. I think he'll go through a tall growth spurt.

Anyway, after the weighing, we waited so long to see the doc. By the time she came in, we had some VERY unhappy babies. GG and I were doing everything we could to distract them. Finally she came and checked their eyes, ears, etc. Everything was great! They got 2 shots and guess what the best part is? No more visits till September!!!

Here's an update on what they are up to:

Let's just say we are in desperate need of a play yard to enclose them. Josh is the most difficult one now because he does not want to be held down. The boy is constantly crawling and standing up. We literally can't take our eyes off of him. He is so strong and determined. Every morning he greets us standing in the crib. He's had a good influence on his brother because Jack is crawling like crazy. He also loves standing up and is a bit wobbly, but I'm sure he'll get steady soon enough. I am willing to say that the boys will be walking way before they turn 1. Abby, on the other hand, is quite content and we are making her have more tummy time, much to her dismay. She is definitely a mommy's girl and has stranger anxiety. She loves sitting and reading her book rather than causing trouble like the boys. If they so much as touch her, she erupts. This will be great fun when they get older. Ughh!

The house should be ready within 2 weeks. I am a bit nervous to move back, as we received so much help here. It will be nice though for Chris to be with us when he is home and not worrying about working on the house. There's still so much to do, but we can slowly work on that while living there. We miss all our friends and can't wait to hang out again.

The babies at 6am and our desperate attempt to take them to bed in hopes of them going back to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, they are just getting more adorable by the day! And what great weights, yours have passed mine up and my trio turned 1 2 weeks ago! We have a superyard to keep them contained. I wish there was a better solution but I can't run after 3 babies in 3 different directions all day long! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your babies are so beautiful. I can't even imagine what the exhaustion will be like. I tried to look back at your belly pics and you had none. I wanted proof of the torpedo. I think we think we look much bigger than we are. Either that or we are in denial of how big we are (until our husbands gently remind us). I experience both on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete