We're so ecstatic to have 1 year olds! I know many moms don't want their babies to grow up. I for one love the toddler stage and never was a fan of the baby stage. Their birthday was August 26th and we had grandparents and great grandma over. The babies had their first taste of cake and loved it, except for Abby, who mostly ate cake off of our fingers. She's a dainty one!
So much is going on with them. Everyday really is a new experience. Here's our tooth count:
Abby: 6 and 1 coming in!
Josh: 8
Jack: 8
Abby is so bright. She loves clapping her hands and will say "Ma Ma" when I ask her. She is so careful and is finally feeling brave enough to stand on her own. She absolutely LOVES the walker and goes back and forth over and over. Her favorite is the swing at the park. Her brothers, on the other hand, look as if they are going to puke when put in the swing. She'll be my partner for going on all those spinny rides. Abs has such a cute smile and she even has another dimple! Her hair is growing so long and curling at the ends. She is becoming quite the picky eater. She won't eat eggs without cheese, won't touch cantaloupe, and depending on the day, won't eat meat. She loves, loves, loves cheese!
Josh is so strong. The kid pulls at everything. And the biting! Oh my goodness, our couches are going to be torn to shreds! He is getting so great at taking steps and balancing. He does more and more each day. He loves to clap and play with his Laugh and Learn Home. I'm a bit afraid of his climbing abilities. He can not be left alone for a second. No telling what he will do! Josh has such a gorgeous smile. He still scrunches up his nose, but not as much as he used to. His brother is now picking up that habit ;) Josh is not as big an eater as he used to be. Believe me, the kid can still put it away. He loves everything. He'll be the first to scream in anger if I am slow in the assembly line of feeding. Josh is our biggest bully of the bunch. He'll crawl right up to the kids and take their toys without hesistating. One of his favorite things to do is pull his sister's hair. He definitely hears the word "no" the most.
Jack is still my little monkey. I know I say this everytime, but he is still the funniest one. The expressions he makes are just priceless. Jack is great at playing with his toys by himself. He is so sensitive to his brother and laughs when he laughs and cries when he cries. Jack thinks everything is funny. He'll sneeze and start cracking up. You can't help but laugh with him! He just started taking steps on his own. Jack has become our biggest eater. There's no filling him up. The boy loves everything you give him. He is also our loudest and will often just scream to make sure we know he's there.
Overall the kids are just so happy and easy to appease. All we have to do is keep their bellies full ;) We now have the entire basement as our playroom and there's no shortage of toys. When it's time for feeding, we just open the gate and they climb their way upstairs. We try to go for walks everyday in our Choo Choo wagon (which only has 2 cars) and our ride along car. We've been going to stores to run errands a lot. It's always funny to see people's expressions when they look at the stroller and then the cart. Sometimes people don't even see Abby in the cart and assume twins. Don't worry Abs, we always correct them;) Life has become a lot easier now that we do the cry-it-out method for bedtime. Can you believe we used to rock them for naps and bedtime everyday?! Now, it takes under 5 minutes most nights for them to be asleep.
Tomorrow we go for our yearly ped appt. (one month behind) and I will update with height and weight and pics!


Yay...happy belated birthday to your big one year olds!! I felt the same way when my kids turned one. I'll take toddlers over babies any day. It sounds like you are doing fabulous! Great job and contrats!!
ReplyDeleteI bet it feels good to be back home. I am sure your kids will enjoy the play area!
ReplyDeleteOh can't wait to see the party pics! Happy belated birthday Jack, Josh and Abby!
ReplyDeleteOMG! I'm glad I'm not the only one who does not like the baby stage--the sleep deprivation is the pits. The toddler stage is just as hard but at least I'm sleeping! And they get so smarty cute at that age. BELATED HAPPY BDAY!
ReplyDelete