Here's how it's goin: Jack needs a bib and like half a roll of paper towels because he takes a sip, and then spits it out and keeps going. I don't get it. He drinks just fine out of the sippy when it's water. They all even love drinking straw sippies! Abby simply takes a small sip and throws the cup. She gets angry when I try to give it back to her. Josh is doing the best. He sometimes throws it but wants it back again.
I have to keep reminding myself that my kids are ALL over 25 lbs. and they won't suffer without a bit of milk. They have to learn that if they are thirsty and want milk, they can't throw the sippy. I know that this will take a while and we are going to revamp their whole schedule.
This is what it used to look like:
Between 5-6:30 wake up
7:00am 6oz. bottle
8:30-9:00 nap
10:00 breakfast with water sippy
11:00 5oz. bottle
12:00 nap
2:00 lunch with water sippy
3:00 5oz. bottle
5:00 dinner with water sippy
7:00 6oz. bottle
As you can see, we separated the bottle from meals. It seemed like my whole day was spent ushering the kids upstairs and into their chairs.
This is what I hope the new schedule will be like:
6-7:00am wake up
8:00am breakfast and milk sippy
10:00am snack with water sippy
11:30am milk sippy and nap
1:00pm lunch with milk sippy
3:00pm snack with water sippy
5:00pm dinner with water sippy
7:00pm milk sippy and bed
This could totally change, depending on the kids. You'll notice that there is only one nap in there. This has been coming for a while now. Basically Abby has only had one nap for quite some time because she sleeps till 7am and will not nap till afternoon. The boys are another story. This will take some adjusting.
So, just remind me to be strong and stay tuned to see how it goes!


Good luck! That looks like a great schedule...if only they would do things the way we wanted them to. Be strong and vent whenever you need to!
ReplyDelete*sigh*
ReplyDeleteOh yes, hearing you here!
Dropping this last bottle of the day for the sippy has been killer. I just give them lots of cheese and yogurt for their calcium.
I just keep thinking that if I give in now and go back to bottles, getting them off the next time will be even harder. So hang in there with me:)
Good luck with the new challenge.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend.