Monday, July 26, 2010

23 Months Old!

Well, here we are, one month away from the big "2"! So much has changed since just last month. Everyday they really are growing. Today was a great day for me because it was the first time Jack actually came up to me and gave me a kiss and a hug in which he actually initiated the whole process. I was elated! And later in the day, Josh walked up to me and gave me a hug. I mean a real hug, where he put his arms around me and squeezed. I loved it! We are always the ones asking for hugs around here! The kids' new thing is to give each other hugs and kisses. This can be a bit dangerous because sometimes they topple over.

I cannot tell you how much these kids love doing puzzles. When we are in the house, we are doing puzzles. There's even one upstairs in the kitchen to keep them busy. They are puzzle masters!


Every time either Grandma Cleys or Grandma and Grandpa Piskor come over, there's sure to be some spoiling. Yes, we let our kids eat donuts and the occasional banana split!


Our two classes just ended and I signed up for another class in September. They already know the teacher and she is great in letting us rotate kids each week. I think the classes are really helping them interact with other kids and understand a routine outside of the home.

Okay, here's what's happening individually:

Josh: My Joshy is less of a bully these days. And, here's the shocker, he's playing with Abby more. Correction, Abby is playing with him more. They like to chase each other around. He loves to look at his bro and sis and get a reaction. Still has the greatest laugh ever! His speech is just coming along great. He can say almost every word that the others say. The only difficult thing is still the whining. He whines until he gets what he wants and he is difficult to control at times. We tried time outs. We failed! This kid is so darn stubborn. I want to hire the Supernanny to come sit with him and try it over and over and over again. He'd give her a run for her money! He is still holding on to those darn burp clothes and has added two foxes, yes he has to carry them both around. Still the biggest milk drinker and best eater.


Abby: My little Abs seems to be just growing up too quickly. I took her to gymnastics today and really saw her in a new, grown up light. She understands everything that I tell her. Loves to help whenever she can. She is such an organizer, too! Abs is coming out of her shell a little more around people. Her vocabulary is growing daily and I love to hear her little voice. The best is when you ask her where someone or something is and she puts up her hands and says, "I dunno". Abs is really attached to her stuffed animal puppy and carries him all over. She still loves soup more than anything else. If she's refused anything we have given her to eat, we know she will always eat any kind of pasta or bread! Like I said before, all she wants to do is put together her puzzles.



Jack: My little baby is such the charmer. He seems to want to entertain his bro and sis. Jacky is such a clutz. His poor knees are all scraped up and he's wearing a Band-aid. Still the curious guy and is now walking around the house pointing to things until I tell him the name. Then he will point it out every time! Jack just wants to be outside. He's content with hanging out in the backyard. His newest thing is taking anyone that is willing for a walk to the food cabinet. I don't know what he wants in there, because I try to offer him something and he just says, "No". The Grandma's can't resist him and are forced to walk everywhere being pulled by him. Jack seems to have taken over the bully role and Josh is his favorite victim. Whenever he wants something from Josh, he just bites him. And when I try to reprimand him, he just smiles. And oh my, is it hard to be mad at him. I just have to watch him like a hawk lately. His faves include his ride on trucks, puzzles, and books. He also loves to carry around his Elmo dolls. I love that they finally recognize a character! I know, I know, soon I will be so sick of Elmo!


I will start party planning mode soon. We are doing a Sesame Street theme because the kids really aren't into any other cartoons or shows. Other than that, we are just trying to take advantage of the great weather and get out as much as we can.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about Elmo, he is pretty much the only one my kids "know"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, can believe our kids are almost 2?! It just blows me away! Are you having a big party? I haven't decided whether to do one this year or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can believe they are almost 2! Time flies very fast.

    Are you having a birthday party?

    ReplyDelete