My favorite thing about this age is just hearing them call my name, Mommy. I know it may sound weird at this age, but keep in mind that almost everyday, we get a visit from either Grandma Mary or Grandma and Grandpa Piskor. This made it difficult for the kids to say with certainty that I was Momma. They pretty much used that word for everything. Now, I hear it all the time and directed towards me. It's just so darn cute! I don't even mind when it happens at night, either!
Along with this age comes the stubborness and the disobeying. Jack is the most frequent visitor at timeout. Josh is a close second. They still laugh when we put them there, but I think it is starting to work. Abby still is very emotional when the boys take something or push her even accidentally. We have to work on toughening her up!
Here's the scoop:
Abby: She is really coming out of her shell. At our weekly speech therapy play group, our coordinator was shocked that Abby told her "no"! She definitely wants things done her way. We'll be doing a craft and I try to direct her to doing something and she is so stubborn that she just refuses. I just let her be! She still loves bath time and her favorite song is Wheels On the Bus. She also loves to just sit at the table and browse through her books. So sweet!

Josh: Remember Josh's attachment to burp cloths? Well, he only prefers ones that have been chewed on by him instead of fresh, clean ones. Disgusting! I sneak them in the wash when he isn't looking ;) Josh has really been well behaved for the most part. He likes to help me and definitely is my snuggler. Lately, he has been having some trouble going to sleep in his crib. I pray that we don't have another repeat of what happened with Jack. He starts crying and then I take him downstairs; then he wants to go back up and then come down, etc. I just make him fall asleep on the couch and then take him up.

Jack: This kid really remembers everything. He is like a mini Chris with built in GPS. He also remembers everything we tell him. Much better memory than Mommy! Jack is definitely my sensitive boy. One day he was leaning over the couch playing with the lamp. We told him numerous times to not touch it and finally the lightbulb broke (just went out, not shattered). Chris yelled at him a little and he was so upset. That whole evening he would just look at the lamp and get a sad look on his face. It breaks my heart to see him get upset. Jack has a severe attachment to Pillow Pets. As if that is not bad enough, he has to have all 3 of them! Thank goodness Abby and Josh don't mind!



We are definitely into the stubborn and disobeying stage too! It is such a fun, but challenging age.
ReplyDelete