Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What's Goin On

Been awhile since I posted. Here's what's happening around here.

Sleep Situation:
Abby still goes to sleep without any trouble in her big girl bed. The boys, on the other hand, need someone in their room until they go to sleep. This will either be myself, Chris, or Grandma. This happens every.single.night. Ugh! I keep telling them that they can get big boy beds if they just go to sleep by themselves. No go! They already have a tv in their room that is on all night.

To make matters a bit more difficult. Jack gets up at least once a night. This means that one of us have to go in there and lay on the hard floor until he falls asleep again. Usually it's like 3 minutes. Then you have to tip toe out of there. It just stinks because it interrupts everyone's sleep. Sometimes someone else has to go to the bathroom during the night, but that happens less and less now.

School:
I have the kids signed up for 2 park district classes. Both of them are classes that you drop the kids off and wait in the building. Yeah, not happening. Jack doesn't want to go in the class without me. Hmmm...I see a pattern here! So, he sits outside the classroom with me, doing absolutely nothing, while the other kids are playing, painting and cutting. He then gets no treat once we get home while Abby and Josh do. The Thursday class is a bit more lenient with a parent being in there, so I go in the class with them. This is not a great scenario because it really affects what they do in the class. They usually stand right next to me and don't participate. We're going to try to have Chris take them to class and see what happens.

Toys and Such:
Abby is really into her princesses lately. I love that for Christmas she wants all girl stuff. Yeah! Josh has a severe obsession with the Easter Bunny. Why you ask? I think it started with a giant stuffed bunny I had. We now have to watch The Easter Bunny Is Coming to Town at least once a day. Jack loves Buzz Lightyear and Woody. So adorable! They still can't sit through a full showing of Toy Story.

We are all super excited for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment