Friday, February 24, 2012

Thank Goodness It's Not Florida!

My kids love winter! Can you believe it?! They see it snowing and right away they want to go play outside. The cold has no effect on them.

Yet another "big snowstorm" was set to hit Chicago. It wasn't as big as last year, but it made for some great packing snow to play in.
It wasn't too cold outside, but it was a little windy. The kids were thoroughly bundled up and I was the one getting cold!

Out came the shovels and buckets.
Then the sled. Chris made a path for them and these two (Abby and Jack) went over and over again.
Finally, Josh joined in on the fun!
Then it was time to make snowmen. Remember, Chris had to make 3, not 1! The kids "helped" by adding on to the heads.
We didn't have any carrots, so I used chalk to color in the buttons and nose. The kids were happy! I went inside to start the hot chocolate and Chris had a snowball fight with the kids. They didn't want to come in even when tempted with hot chocolate!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable pics of your fam! It looks so fun! I wanted to have a few snow storms here in NYC, but it's been so warm this winter! :)

    xoxo,
    Taylor

    taylormorgandesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete