Tuesday, February 28, 2012

3 1/2 Years Old!

The kids are super creative lately. They love to make up games and play really well together. Just today while I was taking a shower, they kept taking turns closing the door and pretending they weren't home while the other two knocked on the other side. They also love to wrap and give gifts to one another. There's so much trading going on around here.

Another favorite activity is cutting and coloring. They are obsessed with the cutting. This leaves quite the mess at the counter every day.

The kids have also been really into watching movies, too. Before, they would barely sit through 5 minutes. Now, they can watch an entire movie. Abs does a bit better than the boys. Current faves are Tangled and Winnie the Pooh. Their favorite Sprout shows are Lazy Town and Caillou. I can't tell you how many episodes of Lazy Town (also known as "The Man Show") I have seen. At least I like the music ;)

Here are the specifics:

Abby: Definitely showing her stubborn side lately. When she is set on something, she will not let it go. I have learned to just ignore her, otherwise her tantrum continues. She also has a very hard time saying she is sorry. We make the boys do it when they are naughty, but Abs feels she gets a free pass. No way!

Abby has really impressed me with her knowledge of letters. She can identify almost every single one! She not only can spell her name, but also her brothers' names as well. She is still my most calm child and can sit and look at books, watch t.v., or color for quite some time. Her bestest buddy is still Jack. They are so adorable together. She is definitely the boss in that relationship!

Josh: This kid amazes me daily. He has the best memory ever! I definitely know where he got that from (that would be Chris!). He'll hear something on t.v. and totally remember and repeat it days later. If you promise him something, he will definitely hold you to it. Joshy is still my cuddle bug. I'm the first one he will go to and I just love that he is so affectionate.

Josh has been having a bit of trouble staying in his bed all night. I always hear him thump, thump, thump up the stairs in the middle of the night and climb into our bed. Once there, he continues to sleep until around 6:30am and then requests that I turn on Lazy Town. He's pretty much first asleep and first awake.

Jack: So proud of my little man. He went through a very whiny phase last month and thankfully, that has ended. He has learned to express himself better, and that has definitely helped. He continues to be the mediator between his brother and sister. He pretty much plays well with everyone and is always sought after to build a house or drive cars. He has also been fantastic when it comes to going to class. No problems with him crying or wanting to stay with me!

His appetite is ever increasing and my mom absolutely adores him because he tries all her cooking! He is definitely the meat eater of the group.

We have signed the kids up for preschool 2 days a week. Wow! Signing three kids up at once is quite expensive! Whenever I think about them going to school, I get super sad. Like I've said before, I feel no need to take a break from them. I don't want to miss a thing!

1 comment:

  1. Our kids love to cut too, they ask to do it everyday. That's great that your kids are getting excited for their little sister to come!

    We some of those same pj's too, I love still putting their in sleepers, but they are harder to find now in the bigger sizes.

    ReplyDelete