Saturday, March 24, 2012

A REAL Big Girl Bed and 35 Weeks!

Abs was the first to have her crib converted to a toddler bed. And now she is the first to get a real bed. We are using her crib for the baby, so that entitled Abby to a new bed and mattress. We went with a twin because her room is on the smaller side. I had a heck of a time picking out bedding that I liked.

The mattress finally arrived and Daddy went to work putting everything together. Abs was super excited! Now, of course, the boys want big beds. Maybe then Josh will sleep in his own bed all night.
I am happy to report that she slept in her bed soundly all night. I love that she used the comforter and didn't pile the bed with all her stuffed animals. She just had her 2 favorite puppies. She looked so tiny in this huge bed! As soon as Jack woke up, he wanted to go to Abby's bed. She's such a proud girl!!!

Well, I've made it to 35 weeks! Let me tell you, carrying around 50 pounds extra is quite the task. When I sit down on the ground, getting up is a challenge. Just rolling over in bed is painful. And the comments I get from people! WOW! Most think I am still having a boy because I am carrying so low. That's just the way I carry! Others think I am due any day now. I don't blame them. I am HUGE and my stomach is like a torpedo. Very similar to the way I was with the triplets. Finding something to wear is a challenge. Nothing covers this belly anymore.

I met with a surgeon regarding my umbilical hernia, and we decided it would be best to wait six weeks after giving birth to have it fixed. He said that it was a high chance that it would come back if we did it right away. I will make another appt. with him after the baby is born. He said it is a quick out patient procedure and insurance should cover it. I'm super excited to have my belly button back!

My doctor appointments will be weekly now. I feel much better about that. I am a little scared that this baby will come early. As long as she is healthy, that's all that matters!

2 comments:

  1. Good job , Abby!
    Our kids are doing ok in toddler beds (once or twice they managed to fall out...), but we haven't braved the twin beds yet.

    By the way, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bedding. We are planning to move our girls to twin beds soon.

    ReplyDelete