Dear Brooke,
I cannot believe that 1 month has gone by since you were born. I have loved every single minute of it! To say that you are a calm baby would be an understatement. You only cry when you need something (hungry, changed, burped). You have the cutest little quiver lip cry that we rarely hear.
You are quite the eater and have been since you were born. Your cheeks are evidence of that! Though you sometimes are breastfed, you prefer my milk in a bottle. That means that Mommy is attached to the pump! Lately, you have been spitting up just like your brothers. There's no crying or fussing, just a large amount of spit up. I'll get the bibs ready! Currently, you are waking every 2-3 hours to eat. Same goes for night time. Though you did have 2 nights of sleeping for 4-5 hours straight!
I love all your little mannerisms like how you like to hold onto a finger while eating, but choose not to when just laying around. You like to be held so that you can look around at everything. Your brothers and sister seem to be a great attraction. Unlike your brothers and sister, you actually enjoy the pacifier. I could already foresee the battle that will take place to break that habit ;) You enjoy taking baths and have never cried. Hopefully it stays that way. You have an uncanny ability to sleep through the older kids' noise making sessions. Anyone who has come over can attest to how loud it can get here!
Mommy and Daddy are learning about babies all over again. For example, we went through all the newborn diapers we received, only to find that once again, Target diapers never leak! I love that we have so much one on one time and that I can actually just sit and enjoy you. I could just watch you for hours!
I have to say that I had my doubts about being able to love another child as much as I love Abby, Josh and Jack. Nothing in the world prepared me with how much joy and love I feel for you. I miss you when you are away from me and you definitely complete our family. I know your brothers and sister feel the same, even though it took them a little while ;)
Every day with you is a gift and you truly are our little miracle!
Love,
Mommy



No comments:
Post a Comment