Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Brooke's 6 Month Check-Up

Love wellness checks, just not the shot part.  It's nice to see how much Brooke has grown and ask any questions.  Here are her stats:

Weight: 20lbs. 6 oz.  100%
Length: 27"                  90%
Head: 42.5                   55%

As you can see, Brooke is definitely not starving.  She has gained about 5 pounds in two months!  Brooke received 3 shots and a drink (prevents stomach issues).  She cried for the shots, of course, but it was actually good because she finally started producing some tears.  Well, from one eye.  The doctor is not concerned because her eyes are still moist.

Did I ever mention that I love our pediatrician?  The lady tells it to me straight.  We were discussing Brooke's sleeping habits (or rather, lack thereof) and she basically said STOP!  She is just using you as a pacifier.  So we agreed that the night time feeding had to stop.  Then I told her that Brooke was still in our room.  WHAT?  She about screamed.  She said to go home and move that crib immediately.  She explained that Brooke could tell I was in the room and she could smell the milk!  So, with my new found confidence, Chris took apart the crib and rebuilt it in her room.

I put her to bed around 6:45pm.  She fussed just a little bit, but was asleep much faster than usual.  She did her normal wake up around 9pm (which the doctor said was fine) and I fed her.  She then went to sleep right away.  She woke again around 3:30-4:00am!!!  Chris went in and just changed her diaper.  She was up for the day around 6am.  I will take it!  Do you realized that this is the most she has slept at night?!  I was waking every couple of hours just for her to feed a little and fall right asleep.  I woke at any noise I heard coming from the crib.  WOW!  I can sleep again.  The doctor didn't know how I was keeping my pace for so long.


Next thing to change: nap time!

No comments:

Post a Comment