Well, it's been a couple of weeks and things have settled down as far as our preschool routine. Jack doesn't get upset the night before or the morning of. He still asks if there is school tomorrow, but the other two do as well.
There are no tears when I drop them off, rather they just go in and start their day. Love it! I have been in the classroom twice already and Chris has once. The first time was for a field trip to the pet store. I rode the bus with the kids. It was their first time. I had to stress to them that the teachers were in charge and they had to listen to them. Kinda hard when your Mom is in the class!
One thing I noticed that I wanted Chris to see was how anti-social they were. During the morning song, they didn't sing but rather sat there. Same happened when singing the snack song and doing the calendar. The next time Chris went, which was for a field trip to the fire station, he noticed the same thing.
I went in this past Thursday to help with picture day and told the kids that they had to participate. Lo and behold, their teacher said that today they started doing the hand movements and tried singing the songs! Wow! FINALLY!
The teachers also said that Jack is the most independent. Go figure! He tends to separate from the other two during play and snack and circle time. It really is interesting to watch them interact and listen to directions during class. So grown up already!Abby has a friend who gave her a necklace. Josh mentions two kids all the time, a boy and a girl. Jack just hangs with everyone.
Another thing I really like is that they are assigned duties in the classroom. The first week, Josh was the door holder. When I was in class, Jack was in charge of feeding the fish. They also get a bag to take home and bring one item back for show and tell. This Thursday it is Abby's turn. The boys already had theirs.
They are working on letters of the alphabet and each week they do a letter. We are up to letter "F". They are also concentrating on the calendar and days of the week and writing their names. Fantastic!



No comments:
Post a Comment