I am super glad that we took the advice of our pediatrician and moved Brooke's crib to her room. This has pushed us to change her nap routine as well.
Here's what our day looks like:
6:00-7:00am wake-up -depends on when the big kids get up and
how much noise is made
8:00 am oatmeal -prior to this, Brooke plays in the
Jumperoo while I pump
9:00am morning nap
10:30-11:00am wake-up
12:00pm fruit
1:00pm afternoon nap -prior to this, Brooke is playing
2:00-3:00pm wake-up -this nap is usually shorter and
her wake up is different everyday
4:30pm vegetable
6:30pm bed time
She eats a bottle about half an hour after her meals and then another one before going to sleep. She also wakes around 9pm for another feeding. I usually breastfeed her then. Around 2 or 3 am, she wakes up and cries, and we just change her diaper and she falls asleep. Then around 4 or 5am she wakes up to eat again. I know that we can cut that night feeding out, but she really is hungry then and I am not complaining! She used to wake up every hour or two hours to eat. I love that she can sleep 5 hours straight now! Some times she doesn't wake for the 9pm feeding till around 1am. Every night is different. I am really enjoying more sleep!
The best thing about this whole schedule: SHE DOESN'T CRY ANYMORE GOING TO SLEEP!!! This is huge! I was trying the whole cry it out method when the crib was still in our room and it just wasn't working. She would end up crying for half and hour and that would be daily. Now, I lay her down, she rolls to her side, and she goes to sleep!
We used to have her nap in a swing. I know, super bad. Now, she naps in her crib and goes to sleep. Sometimes she protests the naps, but mostly she falls right asleep.
The only thing that hasn't changed is that she is still a very happy baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment