Thursday, February 21, 2013

All My Children - Abby

It has been so long since I have written about the big kids individually.  They are truly like sponges and just learn more everyday.  So much so that Chris and I have to be more careful what we say because they are always listening!

Here's what's going on with Abby:

I am so proud of my big girl.  She knows all her letters, numbers, and can write her name and our entire family's name.  This girl is eager to learn new things!  She still loves doing puzzles, but I think coloring and drawing is her top activity.  Of course, she is drawing princesses now!  She recently started doing more of the activities in the coloring book like mazes, matching, etc.

As far as eating habits, I think we can cross even more foods off the list.  She used to eat hot dogs and chicken nuggets, now it is like pulling teeth for her to eat one bite.  Sometimes she won't even eat mashed potatoes!  Her favorite meal of the day is breakfast.  Here she can put away multiple pancakes and second helpings of waffles.

Abby still lets me choose her clothing everyday and loves to wear dresses and skirts.  Yeah!  Doing her hair is another story!  She doesn't want it cut and it tends to always get in they way.  She doesn't mind though.

One of our biggest challenges is to open up more at school and other public venues.  I am really trying to get her to go up to girls and start talking.  Some days she will only play with the boys at preschool.  Other days it is just one girl.  She is enrolled in ballet/jazz and there is a girl from her preschool in the class.  I think she is making progress with talking to this girl.

Abs is also in ice-skating every Saturday.  It depends on her mood, but she can skate by herself now.  Though she is petrified of falling!  I think she prefers dance class to skating.


Abby is such an independent girl.  She doesn't mind playing in her room with her dolls, or sitting and coloring.  She has such a silly side to her and I love when she laughs.  She may not always be the one to come over and give a hug or kiss, but when I go to her, she always loves cuddling.  She truly loves her little sister and is always entertaining her.  She continues to amaze me every singe day!

No comments:

Post a Comment