Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Strawberry Picking

We set out to go strawberry picking a few days ago, but the rain stopped us.  Well, all that rain made for lots and lots of delicious strawberries!  The weather was also perfect for picking.  
 This little one hitched a ride in the wagon.
The kids were much better at picking berries this year.  They knew to only pick the red berries and leave the rest alone.  We just gave them a basket and they had no problem filling them to the top!







 In typical Abby style, there was a competition for the biggest strawberry.  I think everyone won!
This little girl didn't care too much about picking.  She was happy holding a strawberry and walking the aisles.  I love that they put hay down so that it was not muddy at all.
We also saw some asparagus growing.  I have never seen that before and I wanted to just pick and eat the stalks ;)

Of course we stopped at the kids' favorite place for lunch afterwards…Noodles N' Company.  Check another one off the summer bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment