Here's what our house looked like in August when I was at the hospital on bedrest. Keep in mind I had no time to pack up lots of things. If I had my crystal ball working, I would of started a lot earlier.
I won't even mention the insane amount of time that was wasted dealing with the architect and getting the prints and permits put through.
So, where are we now? Well, we finally have the insulation in and this weekend, the drywall is being put up. I then had the joyous news of learning that I would have to clear out my closet because it is the only access to the attic! Uh-oh! The worst part is that there is absolutely NO WHERE to put the stuff. So, I had to find what boxes and bags there were and lug the stuff back to my parents house. To think I spent all that time color coordinating (I know I'm crazy) and organizing to have it all ruined. At least I didn't have to clean out the other 2 closets I occupy!
But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. When the house is done, I will have my huge dream closet that I can outfit with all the coolest drawers and secret shelves and such. Is it crazy that I can't wait to organize again? Anyone remember that commercial where the girl comes home to the smallest, crampy apartment, only to walk through another door and have the BIGGEST closet?! That's me. I can take up all that room. My dream is to have a mini couch in my closet. Yes, I'm a nerd.
Here's a couple more house pics. The outside is basically done except for some paint in the spring. Okay, not really because there is tons of landscaping to do and concrete work. But, we can do that once the money tree starts growing again. Did I mention we are totally over budget?!


Wow! What an amazing transformation! It will all be worth it in the end!
ReplyDeleteI love huge closets too. When we were house hunting we found one with a closet so big it had a lounge chaise on it. I called out to my husband, he thought something was wrong because I was so excited I think I was hyperventilating!
ReplyDelete