Thursday, November 5, 2009

Belated Halloween

Well, I am finally feeling better and can post about Halloween. Of course, our Chicago weather did not treat us to a beautiful day. Instead, it was windy and FREEZING! Our friends came around 3 and we bundled the kids up and started our trek.

Chris's dad was coming to the house to work on something, so he couldn't join us :( He did help us out though because we started with the Choo Choo wagon and the push car and he later dropped off the strollers, which did better to shield the kids from the wind.

Darby and Maddie helped out by going up to some houses and asking for candy for the triplets. Unfortunately, that candy is going straight to Chris and me. There were many kids in the neighborhood and we stopped by many neighbors' houses. I love how everyone would just travel in packs with their friends and kids. There was the infamous house that gave out full candy bars, yes it did exist.

After an hour of so, the adults were the ones who were absolutely freezing! Chris then came and picked us up in the car and as soon as we got in, I had to drink some tea with honey. I had almost completely lost my voice. Going out when it was that cold probably wasn't such a great idea when I already had flu symptoms the day before. I just couldn't miss the kids' first Halloween out. They seemed to enjoy watching all the kids and costumes. Next year we'll let them get out and walk to the doors themselves. This year it was just too cold and I don't know if they would of managed with how bundled up they were. Wouldn't you know that the next day, the wind was gone and the sun was out?! Stupid weather!



1 comment:

  1. Besides the weather I'm so glad that everyone had a great Halloween.

    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete