Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Potty Training- Day 1

Since we are the last 2 year olds, that I know of, that are not potty trained, I decided to take it upon myself to teach these children by myself! Chris went back to work this week and since we didn't have anything going on I thought, why not?

I have been reading over the 3 Day Potty Training Method and was all set.

I took the kids to Target (and Walmart because they didn't have Abs' size) to pick out their own underwear. The boys got Toy Story and Thomas and Abs got Minnie Mouse and Tinkerbell. I kept mentioning how tomorrow we were going to get rid of the diapers and wear big kid undies.

So, this morning I made sure the kids were fed and ready to ditch the diapers. One problem, no one wanted to go first! Finally, Josh made the switch and received 2 stickers for his bravery.

He was also the first to try out the chair and right away peed! He received another treat for that. Jack tried as well and did great!

Abs was my biggest challenge because she feared peeing in the potty. I kept telling the boys to tell her that it didn't hurt. Didn't matter!

Around 10ish, the boys wanted to go outside to ride bikes. I ran upstairs to brush my teeth and heard screaming from Jacky. Lo and behold, the kid peed his undies. I kept telling him that it wasn't a big deal and we changed undies. Soon, Josh followed suit and Abs as well. They were terrified when it happened because it was so new to them.

Abby went through the most underwear and at one point I told her that I am down to our last pair. She did pee in the potty, but not without some tears shed.

Josh has been using the potty with such frequency. At first, I thought it was a boy thing, but Jack doesn't do it. Most times he sits down and gets right back up and is done. My back is starting to hurt from bending over to pull down and up the undies.

I also had to take away the soap. Josh would pee one drop and want to wash his hands. Okay, normally that would be great, but he just went 30 times in the span of 20 minutes. That's not alright!

In the afternoon, Jack fell asleep on the couch. I thought for sure that the kid had to have peed himself because he hadn't gone in so long. No way! My boy got up and used the potty and there was so much pee! He definitely knows when to go!

Note to self: we need more potty chairs and more step stools for the kids!

Abby also had a rather large accident on our couch cushion. Fantastic!

I give all the credit in the world to all the triplet moms out there who potty trained their trio. Holy Cow! It is quite the challenge when one is sitting on the potty, another is screaming that they have to go, and another one is leaving a puddle on the floor. I went through lots of Lysol wipes and paper towels!

1 comment: