For example, Jack, the boy was great at holding it and then telling me. Well, all of a sudden he wouldn't tell me and then had accidents. I was so confident that he was trained. He doesn't do so well with the pooping. I think he gets scared and holds it all in, even pee. I often have to prompt him now.
Abby is my rockstar! She was the one I was so worried about when it came to pooping. When in diapers, she would wait to poop and be in pain. Now, she tells me right away and has no trouble pooping in the potty! I am so proud of her. She also has no accidents during the day and always lets me know when she has to go.
Josh is still going frequently, but not as much as he did. He has an accident here or there, which is surprising given the fact that he goes so much. He is getting better with pooping and doesn't fear it as much as Jacky. Josh consistently keeps his Pull-up dry overnight.
Some nights the kids wake up and scream that they have to go potty. Abby will go potty and then go right to her bed to sleep. With Josh, not so much. I have to lay in there with him till he falls asleep again. In this aspect, diapers were easier!
The kids love to see who kept their Pull-ups dry in the morning. They also love to get their underwear on for the day. Public bathrooms have been quite the eye opening experience. Biggest perk of diapers was avoiding public bathrooms (yes, we never had accidents and never had to use the bathroom to change them!).
We had to limit hand washing to public bathroom and at home, just when they poop. Josh was using the hand washing as an excuse to pee every 5 minutes. Yeah, that wasn't working too well!
Other than that, I think the kids did great and we are so proud of them!


Oh my gosh...sounds like my life about a month ago!!! It has been much easier lately. The soap, using the sink all the time, scared to poo, occasional accidents, comparing diapers, etc! Everything mine did! Good luck, hope it continues to go good!
ReplyDelete