Sunday, April 21, 2013

Letter to My One Year Old

Dear Brooklyn,

How can it be that you are already one?!  It seems just yesterday that I held you in my arms and absolutely fell in love.  I could not imagine a more happy, easy going, joyful baby!  

People are just in awe at what a calm child you are.  And it is so very true.  Whenever we go to pick up your brothers and sister, you just sit in my lap and watch the people go in and out.  You are so content.

Your smile just lights up the room.  All I have to do is look at you and you show me those big, beautiful teeth.  And the teeth just keep coming.  I think you have 4 on top (with some coming in) and around 8 on bottom.  I try to look and not reach my fingers in there.  

You are standing up holding on to things and people.  I know soon you will be cruising.  Your new talent is climbing up the stairs.  I remember now why we used to have the gate at the bottom of the stairs ;)  

As far as eating, you will try anything!  And the best news is that your milk consumption has gone up since stopping formula.  It was the opposite for the triplets.  So happy that you love your milk!  Soon we will stop bottles and go with only sippy cups.  Your fave foods seem to be bread and cheese, though you will eat meat and anything else your siblings are eating.

We are still unsure if you will be left handed or right.  You seem to switch back and forth, but prefer pointing with your right hand.  Seems silly for me to pay attention, but with 2 left handed parents, I watch out for those things!

Our nights are so much easier now that you sleep through the night.  You typically go to sleep around 7pm and wake up between 6-7am.  Your first nap is at 9am and can be up to 2 hours!  Afternoon nap is around 2-3 and a bit shorter.  Bath night is your fave!

It's so funny to experience one baby after the triplets.  Just watching what toys you go to is eye opening.  Baby toys don't seem to hold your attention as much as big kid toys.  The kids' Kindles are a big hit!

Everyday is so much fun with you.  I love listening to you babble.  By the way, your vocabulary is growing!  You can say, "Ma Ma", "CoCo, "Cookie", "Socks" though it sounds more like "Ocks" and "Hi", and "Doggie".  

You truly complete our family!

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment