Monday, April 13, 2015

Potty Training #4

Well, the time has finally come to potty train this little girl.  Can I just tell you how petrified I was to start? And rightfully so, this little girl is quite stubborn.  Also, it was just too easy potty training triplets in 3 days.  I knew this was going to be difficult. But isn't she so cute in her undies?!  

Step 1: Go to store and pick out Anna & Elsa undies.
Step 2: Review the "3 Day Potty Training Method"
Step 3: Take out potty and have wipes and tons of undies washed and ready.

I started on a Thursday because the day before is her weekly class at the park district.  She woke up and I put on her undies.  After sending the kids to school, we started our training.  It was your typical day 1 of training.  Lots of accidents, lots of trips to the bathroom.  Not fun! By the time the big kids came home from school, I was exhausted! I think she had a couple successful half trips meaning that half was in her undies and half on the potty/floor.  Let's just say that that bathroom floor got a good cleaning that day! 

This was my best friend:
Day 2: I really felt like I was going to give up at the end of day1.  Day 2 went a bit better.  She had some successes as well as some accidents, but a little better.  She made a fun game of telling me she had to go and as soon as I got up and headed that way, she didn't want to go.  This happened, oh, about a 100 times.  She hated sitting on the potty. Not sure why. The big kids wanted to sit on it for a prolonged time whereas this little girl didn't want anything to do with it.  I still put her in a pull-up at night because I knew there would be accidents.

Day 3: Pretty much a repeat of day 1. This little girl held her pee for 11 hours today!!! Is she part camel??? She just didn't want to sit on that potty and held it.  She was giving me signs that she had to go (such as walking in circles), but she just wouldn't do it.  When she finally went, she got it part in toilet, part all over herself. Ugh!  And the difficult thing is that we couldn't go anywhere because I was afraid of her having an accident. Grandma Cleys was over and the kids wanted to go to the park, but Brooke couldn't go because she wouldn't go potty.  Grandma Cleys got to witness her stubbornness first hand. We tried everything we could to have her sit on the potty, but she wasn't having it.  To say that I was exhausted by the end of the day would be an understatement!

After that, I just didn't even number the days.  Somewhere along the line it just clicked with her!  I am very happy to say that she is potty trained.  She just didn't do it in the 3 day method!  I took her to class the following Wednesday and I could tell she had to go.  She just wouldn't go in a public bathroom and held it again.  Once we got home, she went! Fast forward to a couple days later when we went out for Grandpa Piskor's bday dinner.  I must have visited that restroom 10 times, but she at least went potty!  The big kids would not go in a public restroom for a long time!  I think Brooke really loved washing her hands and throwing out the paper towel in the basket.  But hey, at least she went! She is pretty good at holding it during the night time.  We have had some accidents, but have had more successes. And the best part of all of this is that she is doing #2 in the potty!  I can't tell you how hard it was to watch the triplets hold it until it hurt.  This little girl has no problem going!  I also forgot how every single restroom in town looked!  But no fear, I am getting familiar with them once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment