Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy 1/2 Year!

I cannot believe that just 6 months ago, my tiny little miracles came into this world. I'm writing this around the time they were born: 7:44, 7:45, and 7:46 pm. No matter how well I thought I was prepared, I really didn't have a clue. I remember hearing Abby's first cry and looking right at Chris unable to put into words what I was feeling. It was quite the surreal moment.

But, enough mushy stuff. Let's get down to what our daily routine finally looks like with our new schedule. I gotta tell you, I think that this age is definitely the hardest. Many triplet moms may disagree, but when they were younger, I thought it was way easier. So much so that I had no problem watching them by myself. Now, they like to all cry at the exact same time. I'm not talking whining here; these are full on, face red, holding my breath, screaming cries. Of course, I hate to see my babies like this, so I try to carry all of them. My muscles are definitely getting a workout. Chris experienced this first hand today. I don't think he quite believed me when I would frantically call him. Maybe we've already spoiled them? Maybe it's the teeth coming in? Who knows. Babies just cry sometimes, right?

Here's my hectic day:
6:30-7:00am bottle (if I'm lucky! sometimes my day starts at 5:30 am)
7:30-8:00am play time
8:00-9:30am somewhere around here is a nap
9:30-10:30am play time
10:45-11:00am bottle
11:30-12:00pm play time
12:30-2:00pm nap time? haha, i wish!
2:00-2:45pm play time
3:00pm bottle
3:30-6:00pm craziness which consists of napping, playing, and lots of crying
6:45-7:00pm bottle
7:30-8:00pm getting them to sleep
I can't quite put what happens during the night because every night is different. Just know that every night at least one baby wakes. 2:30am seems to be a popular time.

The babies went for their 6 month shots on the 18th and there was supposed to be a 6 month check-up. Unfortunately, there was a screwup and they won't get that till next month. Here were their weights:
Abby: 17 lbs. 12 oz.
Josh: 18 lbs.
Jack: 17 lbs. 10 oz.

My little Abby is quite the smiler these days. She just loves to look at you and give this big open-mouthed smile. Sometimes she looks from me to Chris just to smile. She went through a crabby phase last month which earned her the nickname Crabigail, but she seems to be turning around. She loves to grab at things. This includes anything that she comes in contact with. The other day she was making quite the mess of her daddy's paperwork. She's a very consistent eater. Abby doesn't really laugh out loud too much. She prefers those silent grins. The Jumperoo has become Abby's favorite toy. She will sit in that thing and jump for 30 minutes straight.

Josh is still my big bear. He laughs out loud the most. You cannot help but laugh when he does this because it is just the cutest thing ever. My mom compares him to a doll because of his big, beautiful blue eyes. He's still a cuddler, and prefers his mommy over all others. He has also been producing quite the shrill cry. I think he purposely waits to use it when he is right next to your ear ;)

Jack is my little baby. He is just the happiest little boy. He gives me the least trouble and just loves to smile. He also talks the most. When rocking him to sleep, he will sing along and help. He's getting great at rolling from side to side and we think that anyday now he'll roll over. The silly boy loves to stick his whole hand in his mouth until he starts coughing. I think his poor gums are trying to poke a tooth through.

I have gone to great lengths to appease these babies. Often times you will find me dancing around like a complete fool, belting out songs whose lyrics I'm not quite sure of (specifically, the Mockingbird song), walking around with several children, and making anything into a toy.

Overall, the babies are starting to look at each other more. They are also noticing our 2 dogs, though they could care less. We just got a new video camera and hope to post some videos. Our house (a.k.a the money pit) is coming along slowly. Chris will install the wood floors within the next couple of weeks. My grandma has been coming over on weekdays to help me out. She's a tough little lady! Through all the crying and sleepless nights, I still am so thankful for everything that we have.

2 comments:

  1. They are doing awesome!!! How funny that your six-month visit got postponed a month--mine did too! Same exact scenario. How weird. lol


    With those awesome weights, have you considered starting on baby food? Maybe you do, but I didn't see it in the schedule. Maybe their a little fussier because they're hungry? I don't know...just thinking out loud.

    HAPPY 6 MONTH BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1/2 year birthday babies! You are all doing amazing! Hey mommy, you had posted some questions for me on my blog and I wanted to reply but via email. Could you please hook me up with your email addy? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete