Anyway, our whole day was screwed up from the start. The previous night, the feedings had gone awry and we didn't catch up during the day. Here's how my glorious night unfolded:
5:30pm fed Jack
6:00pm fed Josh
7:00pm fed Abby
Usually I feed them all at once, but with the lack of naps during the day, I thought I'd let them sleep. Haha, did that come back and bite me!
I figured that during the night one of them would wake up hungry and I would feed them all. So, the winner was Josh, of course. He woke up around 11:30pm. My dad must of heard the shrill cries and woke up to help feed him and Jack as well because he woke up and was practically chewing his thumb off. Abby looked so blissful and I didn't want to disturb her wonderful milk filled dreams. I fed the boys and with a little fuss, they fell back asleep. Ahhh....peace! Only to be disturbed by my usual game of musical chairs. One goes in the swing, one goes in the vibrating Boppy, and one usually ends up with me in bed.
I was rudely awoken around 2:30ish am to Josh again. What the heck! This kid has the appetite of a horse! I swear that identical twin thing is true because upon hearing his brother's cries, Jack had to be up as well. So, I pounded on the floor (my traditional way of waking up my dad from the basement) and again we warmed up bottles and fed our little piggies. This time, they DID NOT surrender so easily. We walked them, played with them, sang to them, nothing! Just as I was about to pull my hair out, Jack finally fell asleep on my pillow with my singing some absurd song to him. Josh fell asleep on my dad and I thought I was in the clear.
Not 2 minutes later, who should wake up? ABBY! Ughhhhhhhhh! Upon crying, I quickly whisked her away from the room for fear of waking the sleeping boys. I think it was around 5:00am. Who knows at this point; I could barely see straight. I think those cartoon toothpicks holding up the eyelids would of worked well. Abby was finally content, but not going back to sleep. I was resolved to not sleep again. Sleep is overrated, right? So, the boys woke up again, we rocked them, played with them, fed them again. Jack must be going through a growth spurt because the boy ate almost 8 oz. Josh feel asleep with the bottle in his mouth.
Ahhh...all asleep. Just in time for me to wash the bottles and make more. So, why am I not taking a nap with them you ask. Well, around 7am I made a run for it to Starbucks to fuel myself. The caffeine has kicked in. And, oh what's that? Jack just woke up!
The kids conspiring against mommy. Here, Jack is filling Abby in on the schedule for waking me.


They are nubby bottles...the 3 stage ones. There are so many to choose from! If the kiddos can grab toys pretty well they should do okay with a little work! Let me know if ya try! By the way...cute pic of them...love Josh's face!
ReplyDelete