Today we had Early Intervention consultations come out and do an evaluation on the babies. Many moms had suggested this and for those of you who aren't familiar, Early Intervention is a program that helps teach families essential skills for children. They have occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech pathologists, etc. Many triplet moms have EI come out to the house and basically play with your kids and help them develop.
My main concerns were with motor skills, especially in Abby because when we went to the NICU follow-up visit, they said Abby was the weakest one. Well, EI proved them wrong!!!
The babies were napping when the 3 women arrived, so we took one baby at a time. The ladies were so wonderful with them. Jack was first and they were surprised at how big he was. They laughed when I told them he was the smallest! They put Jack on the blanket and did various things such as watch which way he tilted when sitting, moved toys back and forth, etc. And to our surprise, this little guy was rolling all over the place! He was also flirting big time. The ladies were so shocked at how happy he was when he had been awoken from a nap.
Next was Josh. Imagine their faces when they saw our big boy! Josh was all smiles of course. He did a magnificent job. He grabbed toys with both hands. They told us that he problem solved when 2 toys were presented.
Last, but not least, was Abs. She was a little cranky at first, but after daddy held her, she was ready. I was most pleased with what they had to say about her. She had wonderful eye contact. They said she had the best posture and was definitely not weak.
Overall, Chris and I were wondering, who were these babies??! They were AWESOME! They loved being on their tummies. They were grabbing for toys, smiling. When Chris and I put them on their bellies daily, two seconds later they are crying. These ladies come along and it's like they're different babies! I think the fact that they were just in their diapers had something to do with it as well. Less distraction.
Anyway, only Jack qualified for physical therapy, which is just great. They said that when lying flat and looking to his left, he lifts his shoulder a little bit. This could be from a preference to that side. Basically, they just want to work that neck muscle. Someone will come out to the house once a week and play with him. What could be better?!
I am SO glad I took the advice and called. These women were absolutely wondeful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm so glad you posted about this as I've been worried about my trio's upcoming eval. It sounds like nothing I need to be worrying about and it's all to help the babies, if they need it! I'm glad that your babies are doing so well and it sounds like Jack will really enjoy his therapy. BTW, your yellow font color was almost impossible to read.
ReplyDelete