Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patty's Day

Wow, we had quite a busy day today! The weather was absolutely beautiful! I wish every day could be in the 70's. We decided to be extra brave and take the kids to Deer Park in the stroller. This was our first outing with the stroller. Normally, we just carry the car seats to the doc's office. I think an outdoor mall was a great location because if they cried, we could just leave.

Chris loaded up the giant stroller and for once, the kids didn't have to wear their giant eskimo snowsuits. We made the 5 minute drive and unloaded everyone. Our destination was William's Sonoma to buy the Baby Cook food processor. Thank goodness Chris was driving the stroller. That thing is long and difficult to manuever!

We got the typical comments, "Oh look, triplets". I never know what to say. Do we stop, or just keep on going? Many people came up to look at the kids. I kinda felt like we were in a circus, but I am just so proud of my babies that I don't mind. A lot of triplet moms say that I will get sick of the attention. There are many funny stories out there about people and their rude or weird comments. The only comment I received that I'm not quite sure of was, "Did you know you were having triplets?" Do I say, "Yeah, we had like a million ultrasounds" or "No, when delivering, out came 3". Is that a fertility question? Hmmm...not too sure. Oh well!
We went to a couple more stores and the babies didn't even make a peep. I think they liked that the whole mall area was under a canopy and the sun wasn't in their faces. Afterwards, we loaded them back up and drove to Hoffman to pick up some things. They fell asleep peacefully in the car.

When we got home, we fed them and loaded them back in the stroller for a stroll down the street. This time grandpa and the doggies came with. Unfortunately, Jack cried a bit and shortened our walk.

Later, we dressed them in their St. Patty's day outfits (thanks to Grandma Cleys) and snapped a few shots.

Our day ended with eating some peas and taking baths. Phew! Long day! We all slept so well...until 3 am that is!

2 comments:

  1. I love the St. Patty's day pics! we have the same Peg Stroller with no steering wheel and now that the babies are around 20lbs each it is getting REALLY hard to steer! oh and the did you know you were having triplet's? i hate that one i def think it's a fertility question it's just such on odd way of asking because EVERYONE get's at least the big 18 week ultrasound so obviously you would find out then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I'm glad you were able to get out and about...yay for good weather! We've had some days here and there that have been nice but I'm ready for it to be nice everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete