Sunday, April 26, 2009

8 Month Update

Here's what's happening with our trio:

Abby: I keep trying to capture this on video, and I will succeed! She loves laughing at Bailey. Not only at the dog, but when you say his name. I even tried saying other names, no go, only Bailey. She is doing well with sitting on her own, though when she reaches out for a toy, over she goes. Abby has recognized her name for quite a while now and it's so much fun to see this. My little girl loves her vegetables more than her brothers. She's gettin sick of her Jumperoo and prefers the Exersaucer and playmat. Only once have I caught her rolling over in her crib at night, and she didn't cry like the boys did; she just fell asleep that way. Abby is going through a bit of stranger anxiety right now. I know she'll get through it. Other than that, she just loves playing now more than ever. Everyday is something new and exciting!

Josh: There's no stoppin this big guy. He's becoming quite the wiggle worm. We're working on recognizing our name, but it does get a bit tricky when brother's name starts with a "J" as well. Josh loves his fruit, especially applesauce. So different from Daddy because he can't stand fruit. When Josh sees a bottle, the kid goes crazy, even when he's finished with his. My big bear loves to roll over in the middle of the night and cry until you come and flip him over, even though he knows how to roll over. He is also always on his stomach when playing. His current fav toy is his red lobster and finally, a teething ring. Josh is quite outgoing and will always flash a beautiful grin for everyone.

Jack: My little guy is not so little anymore. His appetite has really picked up. He'll catch his brother yet! Jack loves eating solids and is quite the clean eater ;) He pretty much enjoys playing with every toy and is starting to like the teething ring as well. Jack is also quite the screamer. He shrieks when happy and when he is upset. He also does a mooing noise when he is bored or frustrated. This kid makes me laugh the most. I always knew he'd be our funny guy. As far as crawling, he's not the least bit interested. He'd rather look around at everything. He and Abby share a crib for now and I'm always a bit worried because Jack is such a mover. By the time morning comes, he's halfway across the crib in a totally different position staring at us from between the slats.

We went to the gastro doc a few weeks back and basically he said that their spitting up is normal and if we want, we could put them on medicine. I just wanted to hear that and we would prefer them not be medicated. They are in no pain when spitting up. It's more of a nuisance to us. Anyway, here are their stats from that appt. When we went to our ped. this month, they didn't weigh them because they are not getting the Synagis shot anymore. Let me tell ya, we were in and out of that place within 20 minutes! AND, the babies barely cried because they only received 2 shots.

Abby: 19lbs. and some oz. 29 inches
Josh: 20lbs. and some oz. 29.5 inches
Jack: 18 lbs. and some oz. 28.5 inches

(I don't remember what the ounces were. I thought we would get a more accurate number at the ped.'s office)

No comments:

Post a Comment