Friday, April 2, 2010

19 Months Old

Like I always say, time flies when you're having fun!  These kids are growing like crazy!  Here's the latest happenings.

Abby:  She is getting to be quite the little princess.  I love that she is opening up more and sticking up for herself with her brothers.  It's so funny to see the once timid girl go up to people.  She is so curious.  She loves older kids and seems to think she fits right in.  When we go to the park, she's the one who starts running.  I also see her trying new things such as climbing.  She was always so careful and now she has no fear.  I guess her brother's are rubbing off on her!  Abs has also picked up quite a weird habit.  Whenever she eats chicken nuggets, she keeps the meat in her mouth for hours.  Disgusting!  Only when we offer her something else will she finally chew and swallow the meat.  Her taste in food changes daily.  Though I can say that she is eating a bit more.  She still is my little builder and can play quietly for a while.  Abby is best when it comes to sharing.  She will gladly give the boys a burp cloth or toy when they are crying.

Josh:  My little porkchop has quite the attachment to me.  Whenever I leave the room, he has a mini meltdown.  He is still testing his limits and climbing all over the place.  It is tough to get Joshy to smile because he usually has a burp cloth in his mouth.  He's become my new little helper and listens well.  Josh's bad habit is biting.  Poor Jack has bite marks all over his arms. We are developing a method for timeouts.  Mommy and Daddy made the mistake of giving Josh a timeout in his crib.  Now at bed time he cries.  What were we thinking??!  We're still learning! Josh loves to eat everything except Cheerios.  Weird!  He is still my best milk drinker and drinks water and juice like crazy.  He's very attached to his Grandpa Piskor who makes him giggle like crazy.


Jack:  Still my little comedian.  Seriously, all I have to do is look at him and he flashes me that grin.  It is so easy to make him laugh.  He is now in charge of the remote control.  Jack is most often seen with a cookie or cracker in his hand.  He is our slowest eater and takes his time to eat everything on his tray.  Josh always thinks that Jack received something extra because he finishes his food so quickly.  Jacky's my happy kid who barely complains.  Right now he has a couple of scratches on his face because he loves to try new things (this one occurred when running too quickly on cement).  The boys have the funniest habit of picking up the smallest things off the ground and bringing them to us.  Hey, at least they're not eating them!




There's never a dull moment around here!  Going to the park is getting to be a little difficult because they run in every direction.  My neighbor told us about a fenced in park not far from our house and that is working out better.  I also signed up for a class that's once a week called 2's and You.  I figure I will rotate a child each week to spend some one on one time with them. We're having a speech evaluation done as they are just babbling.  It could be that they will just talk on their own time.  Taking pictures of all 3 at once has become virtually impossible.  The only way now is to give them some food.  Nap time pretty much is non existent except for car rides.  Everyone's favorite toy is the Mr. Potato Head.  We had to purchase more than one because there were so many fights!

I know everyone tells you that they grow up so quickly, but you never believe it until it happens to you.  When they're in their little p.j.'s they still look like little babies.  And then you look again and here are these big toddlers trying to do things on their own.


It seems like not so long ago I was watching them sleeping 3 to a crib.  Now they just fall asleep wherever they please.

But I wouldn't change a thing because this is quickly becoming my favorite age!



2 comments:

  1. Isn't this a great age?? Into everything (and difficult to take to an un-fenced park by yourself!) but so much fun.

    My boys are getting Early Intervention for their speech and I have been pleased so far.

    Happy 19 Months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, time does go so fast but you don't realize it until it's your own kids growing up.

    We are working on timeouts in our house too. Definatly a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete