That being said, this was a special occasion because we wanted to celebrate Grandpa's birthday and since that day was full of events, we decided to go the next day, Sunday. We chose Outback because it's not too fancy that if we had to leave we would feel bad, and Grandpa loves his steak!
Chris was meeting us there right from the airport. The place was pretty deserted and we had a round table with a kid between us all. I was a little nervous about the kids being in high chairs since they don't use them at home anymore.
I quickly ordered some fries and they got water out of cups with straws. They also had crayons to "color" with, though more ended up on the floor! I brought a whole purse full of toys and I didn't even have to pull any out!
I also placed our complete order right away because I really was worried that we would have to leave half way through. Much to my surprise, we stayed for dessert!!!
Soon more families came in. There was a family next to ours with a girl about the kids' age and a boy a little older. The mom complemented our kids and said that all 3 were quieter than her 1 boy. I told her it was our first time.
The kids ate some of their macaroni & cheese and they enjoyed the dessert. I couldn't believe my little Jacky. He barely moved the entire time! He loved just looking around at everything and ate the food. Abby was pretty occupied with the crayons and putting them back in the box. Josh was a bit scared at first. The place was a little dark and I think the fans were scary.
As we were getting them ready to leave, a lady was leaving and stopped at our table. She said that they were the best behaved kids she had seen in a restaurant. Not bad for the first time!
Obviously not a shot at dinner. I had my hands too full to take a camera, but I just had to include a pic of feeding time at home.



That's great that they did so well! We go out maybe once a month and our kids have always been good. Like you said, they have so much to watch that they stay pretty entertained. Now you knwo that you can do it more often if you want to. Doesn't it feel nice to do "normal" things?
ReplyDelete