Wednesday, May 26, 2010

21 Months Old!

Whew! They are growing fast! We're loving this age and were especially loving that the weather is getting warm. All the kids want to do from the moment they get up is go outside. They practically cry and stand by the patio door in the morning.

I definitely get a workout running from the backyard to the front because of course, there is one that wants to go somewhere different. Loving our backyard, hating the non fence part. Chris has to rig up some sort of contraption to keep them contained when I am alone with them.

Here's what's new:

Abby: Unfortunately Abby has found a new pal to take to the crib. I say unfortunately because this stuffed animal is the one who constantly talks and sings songs. Last night, all I heard was "head, shoulders, knees and toes" every minute. She couldn't fall asleep and so I had to take her downstairs till she did. I know, take the batteries out. But she would be angry! Abs is still the helper and organizer. She started tapping the boys on the back because I do that when they drink too much water and are coughing. She still tends to eat way more when we are not at home. I swear, people are going to think we don't feed her! She still hangs around Jack most of the time and enjoys working on puzzles.


Josh: Very attached!!! Last night I was giving a bath with my parents and he started screaming. My dad took him downstairs and he wouldn't calm down until I came and held him. He's my super cuddly little guy! Joshy is still testing his limits and will purposely watch me and smile as he runs away. He tends to be the one who listens least of all. He's still a great eater and loves to explore. There seems to be no end to his burp cloth craving. He will gather them all and not share. Thankfully, there are tons all over the house and car! Big bonus with Josh: He is smiling so much more for pictures! Yeah!




Jack: Monkey is as cute as ever! Probably the best behaved of all 3. He tends to listen a bit more and is more laid back now. Still gives the cutest smile. His graham cracker obsession is hilarious. He now needs to not only have one in each hand, but squeezed in between fingers! Jacky still loves doing puzzles and is big time into books. He says and mimics the most words. He's also the one who gets a bit frustrated when he doesn't get what he wants (mostly to go outside). It's so funny to just watch Jack when we go anywhere because he loves to just look around and take it all in.



The kids just started doing speech therapy. They did very well at the first session, and I also learned some signs to teach them. Abby is already doing them!

Summer season is starting up and the BBQ's are beginning. We try to take them individually places to spend some quality time. Two weeks ago we took Abby to Aunt Caroline's going away party. Everyone was amazed at how well behaved she was. She just walked around and looked at everything. I told them she was enjoying the peace and quiet as her brothers love screaming.

We are going to be signing the kids up for 2 more classes and take a different child each time. One will be similar to the other class, and the other is a gymnastics class. I really want them to interact with other kids as well.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 21 Months kids!!!

    Samantha, join to my birthday treat bags, if you win you choose the theme.

    ReplyDelete