Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hearing Test

Yesterday GG and I took the kids all the way to Lutheran General Hospital for hearing tests. As a part of their speech therapy, they need to rule out hearing problems. Early Intervention covered the cost of everything.

After driving almost 40 minutes, we finally found our way through the maze of a building. Registering took a while with 3 kids. GG had to take out the contents of her purse to entertain the kids!

I had to take them one at a time to a sound proof room and hold them on my lap. There was a lady in there with us to distract them with a book. They then did a series of sounds and checked to see if the kids' responded to them. Then they put something in their ear and tested that way as well. The boys did a fantastic job and sat still. Abby, on the other hand, wanted no part of having something inserted in her ear. They had to do one ear at a time. The ladies were about to give up because she was crying and you need to be silent to have it work. Just then, Abby was quiet for about a minute and finally it worked.

I am happy to report that all 3 passed! Let the speech therapy begin!

Here are some cute pics from the day. I haven't taken any pictures in a while! Probably because I have an ulcer in my esophagus and was out of commision for a while. Thanks to Grandma Mary, and Grandma and Grandpa Piskor for taking care of the kids. I couldn't do it without you guys!!!
Josh wasn't in the mood to smile
Abby's new squinting smile
They boys playing nicely. Ask me how long this lasts!
Awww! Jack giving Abs a smooch
Jacky and his ball popper
He's done taking pics!

3 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! I love Abby's squinty smile and the one of the boys playing together because I can understand how those moments don't last long.

    Your kids did waaaay better than mine at the hearing tests. They have each had 3 tests and have not let the woman put the thing in their ears once. Good luck with speech therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy the kids passed the test. I remembered when we went with the girls.

    As always, love to see pictures of the kids. They are so cute.

    Happy Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went through that with my oldest. I am glad the tests went well!

    ReplyDelete