Thursday, December 2, 2010

27 Months Old

Here I am again, just a bit behind! Lots going on with the holidays and all. This month, we have experienced our first sickness. I am so thankful to God that it took over 2 years! Now I know what moms of multiples deal with! I am also super thankful that it didn't catch Abby, just the boys. It started with Josh coughing, no fever. Then on a Wednesday night, Jack started running a slight fever. I gave him some medicine and he had a rough night. The next day he was acting a bit run down and tired. At night was much worse. The poor kid could not get comfortable. I ended up camping out downstairs with him the whole night. When Chris came home on Friday, he took Josh and Abby to open gym, and I took Jacky to the doctor. Sure enough, he tested positive for strep throat! Eeek! I ran to the pharmacy and got him the Amoxicillin.

After a day or two, his upper lip started to get super swollen and all chapped. Then, he started to get what looked like fever blisters. Meanwhile, Josh started running a fever. I decided to call the doc and they wanted to see Josh only after 48 hours with a fever. I took both boys in, had them tested, and the results were that Josh had a minor case and Jack's was minor as well. We switched Jack's medicine because it seemed to give him a bad reaction.

I think the nights were the most difficult because the poor kids would swallow, and then immediately start crying from the pain. We felt so bad that they couldn't sleep. The most important thing was to keep them hydrated. Josh's fever got up to 103.5 and we were freaking out. This never happened, so we put him in the bath tub and gave him a luke warm bath.

It is so great to see them back to normal and happy to be playing. By the way, Grandma & Grandpa Piskor and Grandma Mary got them a new kitchen for Xmas. Of course, I wanted Chris to set it up right away. It was so sad to not see Jack enjoying it in the beginning because he wasn't feeling well. Now, he "cooks" for me everyday!

We also got a new craft table and the kids absolutely LOVE playing with Playdoh on it.

Here's the specifics:

Abby: Still Mommy's girl! Becoming a bit more adventurous. She loves running around with the boys and especially loves being chased. She is the nicest to the dogs and they are always around her. She's become quite the hoarder lately. She always has to have her 3 bunnies and puppy and loves to be surrounded by books. It becomes quite the challenge when going from downstairs to upstairs with all that stuff! Every day is different when it comes to eating. I think her appetite is growing.

Josh: Testing me everyday! He purposely does things to get attention. He really challenges me daily and I have to stick to my timeout enforcement. Josh is having some sleeping troubles lately. I have to be in the room with him until he falls asleep. The alternative is him crying and disturbing the others. He also wakes during the night and usually ends up with us in bed. Breaking this habit is easier said than done! He is still my cuddler and is such
a funny guy!

Jack: Cookie Monster! I cannot believe howmuch this kid can eat! He has definitely made up missing meals when he was sick. Jack still adores his Playdoh. He is pretty good at following directions, but has served his time in timeout. He is becoming more and more independent and can always be heard saying, "Jackie do it". Jack always carries around his puppy and loves to sleep with 3 Pillow Pets!
The kids are definitely in the mimicking stage. Whenever one comes to me complaining that they hurt their finger, the other two are close behind. They are really starting to play together and that includes wrestling and knocking each other over. It should be interesting this Christmas when it comes to opening presents. I can't wait to see their excitement at all the Playdoh gifts!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that's terrible what the boys went through! I know what you mean, you just feel so bad for them and wish you could be sick for them. Abby sounds like Maggie, having her arms piled full with her buddies, and the hoarding too actually!

    ReplyDelete