Well, our 2nd ever sickness has made it's way through our household. It started last Sunday when Jack developed a high fever before bed. When it was time for me to go to bed, I grabbed him and took him with me. His fever was holding in the 102 range and around 2am climbed to 104. He was acting totally fine and didn't want to sleep. I tried to hold a cold wash cloth to him, but he didn't like that. I finally made the decision to put him in a luke warm bath. I felt so bad for my little man because he kept saying, "Mommy, it's cold!" and he was crying. Of course, Josh woke up. I put Jacky in just a diaper and took him back to my bed. Josh wouldn't stop crying so I brought him to us. We basically watched a Barney dvd from 10pm till 4am straight. Jack finally started to sweat and the fever broke. I think we all passed out around 4am and slept till 8am. I, of course, was fighting feet in my face and worrying about Josh rolling off the bed because of his sideways sleeping. I was SO thankful for Chris to be home on Monday.
Thus started off the week of sickies. Jack was out of it on Monday and by the night time, the other 2 developed a fever. Jack was on his way to feeling better and the other 2 were just beginning. I got to tell ya, Abby is a nice kind of sick, so is Josh. Jack is super cranky and super clingy. In fact, this week the boys haven't left my side. It's difficult when both want to be held.
Besides the fevers, the boys have had minor runny noses and a bit of coughing. The strangest thing is that Abby seems to have a way better immune system than the boys. She never got their strep throat back in November and her fever was one night and done. No cough. No runny nose. And would you believe it, on Thursday and Friday, that girl ate more than her brothers!!!
Hopefully all will have their appetites back soon!
Anyway, on Tuesday, Daddy made some tea for Josh and Abby while Jack was sleeping on me downstairs. I can't get over how funny it is to see little kids holding the cup the proper way. It's funny to see them with anything other than a sippy cup.
This pic is hilarious. Abs just chillin over some tea and a paper. Hanging out with her bro!


Oh it sucks when they get fevers and feel so rotten! And I know how hard it is when hubby is away too and your're on your own! Glad everyone is feeling better.
ReplyDeleteSo glad they are feeling better.
ReplyDelete