Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tuesday Playdate

Yesterday we were supposed to have a play date, but the flu or some kind of sickness has been making its way through the other families we play with. My friend Sarah suggested we meet at McDonald's Play Place. We've never been to one (the play place that is) and agreed.

First we got haircuts for the family. Yes, even Abby got a little trim. First timer and she did great. She sat on my lap and was very serious. The boys acted great, as usual. They all got a lollipop and then we headed to McDonald's.


I think they enjoyed themselves overall. There were some big kids there that almost plowed them down a couple of times in the treehouse. My friend and I just climbed in and patrolled the slide. Yeah, I'm that kind of mom! I think the teacher in me comes out and I'm not afraid to say something to other peoples' kids. I hate when the moms are totally oblivious to what their children are doing. I'm never mean to the kids. One of the kids started talking to me about himself after I just told him to not go up the slide because our kids were going down!

The kids ate their fries and some of their cheeseburger and played some more. We ended up staying almost 2 hours! They fell right asleep in the car!

Apparently the kids didn't run around enough because later that evening, once the clothes came off, they were running around like crazy people.


I can't wait till we can make going to the park a regular part of our routine. Come on spring, where are you already?

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it a great age to be able to get out and do things like that?

    And I feel exactly the same - it drives me nuts when parents are oblivious to what their children are doing to others!

    ReplyDelete