Saturday, May 21, 2011

One Week With A Cast

I gotta say, Abby is taking this whole cast thing pretty well! I imagined her being so irritated and wanting to rip it off. I remember when I was little and how much that darn cast itched. Of course, I had to wear it for 6 weeks!

Good thing Miss Abby is super careful with it. She doesn't even play in the sandbox for fear of getting sand in there. We bathe her separately so the boys don't splash water on her. I'd say baths are most difficult because 1. she already didn't care for them and 2. she hates when we wash her hair and I have to hold her arm up high.

Other than that, she can still ride her car.

She's perfected eating with her left hand (I was secretly hoping one of the kids would be left handed because both Chris and me are left handed).

The only thing she couldn't do was get her standard 2 stamps from class. They usually do one on each hand. That darn cast covers most of her hand, so they improvised!

What if she grows really fond of the cast and doesn't want it to come off? Uh-oh!

1 week down, 2 to go!

1 comment:

  1. i just saw your blog and barely saw that you had three little packages in your hands and just had to come over to give you a big pat on the back for being patient with three little ones! :) im a nanny for three, but theyre 2 5 & 7, two are old enough to help me! bravo to you samantha!


    thestyleprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete