Don't you just love that title?! I am a bit behind on monthly updates and decided to combine the two.
Every day is just getting better and better with these kids. Sure they fight and whine, but they are just growing up into the funniest, cutest little people ever! I can't believe how much they've learned and what they say. They truly are like little sponges, just absorbing information.
We are taking one weekly class that has them creating Play-Doh, painting, and making Silly Putty. It's called "Sticky Fingers". Quite fitting, eh? Jack has been great with going to class without me. He put up a little fight the first time, but thoroughly enjoyed himself.
The best part is sitting outside of the classroom and listening to them. My kids make up half the class. They are so outgoing once they are used to their environment. They love to show the teacher what they are doing and point it out to each other. They also love to use the classroom sinks. I'm sure the teacher loves that ;)
Here's what's going on individually:
Abby: Still doing those great expressions and hand gestures. The teacher even notices them and loves it! She really is finding her voice lately and is speaking up more. She used to just let the boys do all the talking. Abs is definitely my little shadow. She wants to do what I do and dress in the same colors, etc. I am eating it up. She'll probably rebel against me as a teenager. Abby is still very fond of reading and will sit down with a book for quite a while. She also just goes up to her room and arranges and plays with her dolls. Such a calm child! One of her favorite games is the matching memory game. She asks me to play at least 5 times a day. And guess what? I love that game! I remember playing in preschool with my teacher. Plus, it helps to sharpen my rather dull memory ;) People always ask me if Abby's excited that we're having a baby girl. Honestly, she pays no attention to my belly and really doesn't seem interested. She says that she won't help, either. Hopefully, that will change once the baby arrives!
Josh: My other little shadow. He is still quite the Mommy's boy and again, I am soaking it up! This kid loves to build. Whether it be forts or buildings, he is constantly creating something and wanting all of us to see it. Josh is such an inquisitive boy. He knows whenever I am talking about him and always asks, "What, Mommy?". He sometimes asks to play with the baby, and I let him feel the baby moving. He's very interested in what's going on in there. He also asks, "How's the baby going to get out of there?". I tell him the doctor is going to get her out of Mommy's belly. I can tell he is going to be a great helper! Besides being a helper, Josh is my constant snacker. This kid can eat! Chris and I laugh at how many times he asks us, "Can I have something?"
Jack: Still my ball of energy. Lately, he has been a little crabby. I think he just needs a nap when the other two don't. He truly is the mediator of the group. One morning he was sleeping in and Abby and Josh were playing. Well, that turned into an argument and as soon as Jack woke up and came downstairs, all 3 were playing together peacefully! Jack is my little night owl. The kids takes a long time to get to sleep, and usually sleeps longer than the other two. Sounds like a teenager already ;) Jacky enjoys playing with Play-Doh, and basically, doing anything and everything! He absolutely loves being tickled. He's quite the cuddler, too!
And here I am at 27 weeks. I swear, I am GIANT! I'm also carrying super low. I can't wait for Wednesday as we are scheduling the C-section then. I am also getting my umbilical hernia worked on. Yeah for having a flat belly and belly button again! My little girl is always moving around in there and it really brings me great joy to feel that. I'm trying to take it easy and not go up and down the stairs a ton of times throughout the day. Chris has just been the best (like always) taking care of us all. He makes sure I don't over exert myself.
We are slowly starting to get things ready around here. More like in the planning stages. We won't start on the baby's room for a little while. We're still trying to finish our master bathroom! Our plan is to get a new crib and just use Abby's old bedding. Abby's old crib is a conversion bed and will be turned into a twin bed. I want to do a fun theme in the baby's room. I'm thinking lavender. I definitely want to involve the kids in the planning process.
Oh, as some are asking. We are keeping the name a secret. Honestly, Chris and I haven't even decided. I figured something should be a surprise ;)


Great pics! I miss being able to feel the babies move around inside, I loved that feeling! You`re looking great!
ReplyDelete