Friday, June 1, 2012

3 Years + 8/9 Month Update

Well, we have been super busy around here and I haven't had a chance to update on the triplets.  There is so much going on with them and I want to make sure I don't forget a thing!

Abby:  I have long said that she will be my little actress.  She can go on and on about something when she knows she has an audience.  She is definitely talking a lot more.  Sometimes she talks so quickly that it's hard to understand her.  I am so amazed at what these kids pick up just from listening to everything around them!  Abs loves playing with Jack.  When Jack is having a tantrum, she'll play with Josh.  One thing that surprises me about Abs is that she always has a messy room!  I guess I just assumed that being a girl, she would be clean.  Abs favorite game is Go Fish.  You should see how quickly she deals the cards!
Abby and her BFF, Jack

Josh:  He is still my little sweetheart.  Every morning, he comes running up to my bed to give me a hug.  Josh is our first to go to sleep, first to wake up kid.  The only bad part is that he is rather loud and tends to wake everyone else up, too.  Lately, Josh has started making stubborn excuses for not doing something we ask.  His favorite:  Me: "Josh, don't pick your nose".  Josh: "No, it's mine!"  As if that excuses anything!


Jack:  His favorite sayings: "See ya!" and "Thanks" and "Sorry, Mama".  This last one is a common one when he and his brother and sister have done something wrong.  Always the first to apologize because he knows they are going to get in trouble.  Jacky is still having some difficulty expressing himself.  He often gets very frustrated and resorts to whining, but, we're working on it!

The kids are all getting better with Brooke.  Josh puts away the diapers every morning.  He loves showing her everything.  Abby is always telling me how she wants to share everything with Brooke.  She also draws lovely pictures of her.  Jack has helped me feed her occasionally.  They all love to tell me what they think she needs if she is crying or upset.

Another exciting thing:  Grandpa is building us a swingset!!!  It's almost done and the kids have already claimed their swings.  We definitely need to teach them how to pump their legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment