Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Strawberry Picking

I have been wanting to take the kids strawberry picking for some time, and after talking to my cousin and finding out that it was prime season, I looked up a farm and off we went.  It was a bit of a drive, but it was well worth it.  

It was an overcast day which turned out to be the best since it gets pretty hot out there and I can't imagine how it would be with the sun beating down on us.

The farm just had one other small group picking.  There were rows and rows of strawberries.
 We had to teach the kids which berries were worth picking.  We pretty much told them to show us the berry before picking it.  I could just imagine how many they would pick on their own ;)



It was great to teach them where strawberries came from.  They also loved that they each had their own container.  Funny thing is that Abby doesn't even like strawberries.  She was just excited to fill up her container.



We got a good amount and only paid $5!!!  I was shocked!  We will definitely be going back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment