There is just something so innocent and pure in the giggles and actions at this time. She can do something naughty, but there are no bad intentions behind it. I have to say, it is easier with Brooke (not because she is a singleton), but because she can totally communicate. It is UNREAL how big of a vocabulary this girl has. She speaks so clearly that I often do a double take to make sure it came from this little girl. She now says, "Mommy, I love you!" Can you believe it?! Melts my heart!!!!
Not only does she say so much, she is just so smart! She knows her numbers 1-20, and she is now learning days of the week. It is so funny to see her know the differences in her siblings. She will bring the green shoes to Jack, and the blue ones to Josh. She knows the pink Kindle goes to Abby, etc.

Very happy to say that we finally got rid of this during the day! She still has it for the night time because, of course, once they go to sippie cups, the milk drinking drops significantly. I do want to get rid of them altogether. Cleaning those things is just not fun.
We took Brooke for her 18 month check up and she received 3 shots, one being a flu shot. The doc told us that she will not get any more shots till her 4 year check up. Yeah! She is just a little smaller than her siblings were at her age. Funny to see that considering they were 10 weeks early!This girl is a bit stubborn and refuses to have us feed her. She.must.do.it.herself. She now gets her own plate and utensil. Happy to say that she is using her left hand ;) She pretty much eats everything.
And, with the stubborn comes our difficult night time pattern. Lately, she has been waking up in the middle of the night screaming. One of us will go in and change her diaper, but then she wants milk. Uh-oh! I have tried to let her cry it out. This stubborn, stubborn girl will go on and on and on. She doesn't give up!!! So, we give her a little water in a cup and she goes right back to sleep. Doctor says that's a big no, no, but hey, I figure we never let her in our bed, so I will get up at night.
My silly girl loves when I sing a specific song to her. She heard it on the radio and started saying, "Who's Johnny". Now she asks for it all the time and I sing her a little tune. She also goes up to the radio and says "radio" until we turn it on. Love that she loves music!
Seeing her play with her siblings is the greatest thing ever. They flock to her all the time! They love to ride in the play cars with her and push her in a doll stroller. To say our girl is spoiled is an understatement!





No comments:
Post a Comment