Saturday, October 19, 2013

Soccer Season 2013

Our last soccer practice and game were at an indoor facility.  The kids weren't used to the ball going so quickly on the turf!

It was especially nice to be indoors given that it gets dark earlier and it is quite chilly.

The kids have really come a long way since the start of the season.  Abby has a lot more confidence now.  At first, she was scared to approach the ball, now she will run after it and try to get in there.  The boys are a bit better, but are not really into the game.  That's okay.  I am glad they all tried it and I am especially happy that we had such a fantastic team and coaches.  I really enjoyed going to the practices and attending games.  It was nice for us to get into a rhythm after learning the basics.  Have I mentioned how hard it is to get soccer gear on 3 kids?!

My kids were so excited to get trophies.  Abby is a bit upset because the boys have one more than her because they were in t-ball.
We also received their pictures.  As you can see, Jack was just not in the picture taking mood.  That was due to the freezing temps on the morning of the pics.  Abby wasn't even in the team pic because she was complaining of the cold.


It was just nice to have a sport in which the kids were active, and we hope to do the same league next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment