Friday, May 23, 2014

Preschool Picnic

The day after graduation, the preschool hosted a picnic.  There was yummy food, tons and tons of desserts, a playground, and popsicles!

This is a pic with the kids' friend from school, Keiyla.  Josh loves this girl!  Everyday I would ask the kids who they played with.  Josh ALWAYS played with Keiyla.  The good news is that she will go to the same elementary school as us.  The bad news is that she is doing afternoon Kindergarten.
I have to include this story here, or I will forget.  I was talking to Ms. Patty, and she told me that in all her 20 years of teaching preschool, ours was the worst first day.  Meaning that she had never seen kids cry and scream while leaving their parents as much as ours did.  We then laughed about how our kids turned out to be the sweetest, most shy children in the classroom.  Who would have thought that the same kids who fought to get out of the arms of the teachers to leave would be the same kids who on the last day of school, were the only 3 kids sitting there patiently waiting while the other kids were crazy and running around!  She couldn't believe the strength of Abby!

Somehow, I don't think this one will be so shy and scared on the first day of school!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment