- their birth weights were 3.3, 3.4, and 3.9 lbs.
- we spent just over 30 days in the NICU
- they are 3 1/2 months old
- their current weights are somewhere in the range of 12, 12, and 13 lbs.
- and don't be fooled, mommy uses a lot of hair dye to cover those graysJust in the nick of time (get it, Nick!) the big guy entered the room. Oh, the looks on the kids faces! Not mine of course, they were totally passed out. I was expecting some kids to run to their parents and cry. Even if mine were awake, throw old Santa some bottles and they'd be B.F.F.'s. The hosts were gracious enough to allow my babies to be the first up for pics. Here's our big moment. Can you feel the excitement???
You gotta think that Santa's lovin this!
In case you couldn't tell, the babies are fast asleep. Hey, at least they didn't snore.
Worthy of mention, Josh did make his presence known. As my mom was lifting him from Santa's lap, big boy decided to grab on to Santa's beard! We were that close to single-handedly exposing the guy! Could you imagine the chaos that would break out?! Notice how in Abby's pic, Santa is being extremely careful with his beard.
After one short hour we were off. Our next destination, Angie's house (next door to mine) for the Mother Daughter Cookie Exchange. The mom's dropped Abby and me of for this and took the boys home. I was so excited to be starting this tradition with Ab. Last year I went to the cookie exchange, but alas, I was on my own :(
We were an hour late, but Angie was kind enough to wait for the cookie exchange till we arrived. Our good friend Anola and her daughter Maddy were there. Abby was actually awake. Time absolutely flew by. I got my yummy cookies, chatted a bit, snapped some pics, and we had to go in time for the 5pm feeding.
Our hostesses
Abby and Anola
Mommy and Abs
All in all, it was a great day. Here's what I learned:
- Don't put Josh in the middle seat (I had to bring in the base to get him out!)
- A new outfit WILL get spit up on despite every effort I make.
- Know your babies stats; you will be tested.
- My sweet tooth is back with a vengeance after a short pregnancy hiatus.
- No matter where I hide the cookies, Chris will find them!


No comments:
Post a Comment