Well, we reached a milestone last night. Josh and Abby made it from the 9pm feeding to the 5am feeding! It was not without a struggle. Here's how our night went: The babies all ate around 4-5 oz. at the 9pm feeding, and we went to bed without our usual setting of the alarm clock for 1am.
Abby was a bit fussy, so it was off to the good old swing for her. I love that thing! Can't they make one for adults? And I'm not talking a hammock where I have to push myself. I want an all out fully padded, fully functional swing complete with music and some kind of adornment to look at.
Anyway, Jack woke us up around 2am. Now, we figured this would happen. We think he is somewhere around 1lb. smaller than the other 2 (we go in next week to find out). As soon as he started fussing, we whisked him out of that room for fear of waking up the other 2. The only sound you heard was Jack sucking away at his bottle. When he was finished we quietly put him in the crib.
Throughout the night, Abby was a bit fussy here and there, but she made it! We were so excited when we were awakened by Josh at 5am. I don't think he realized that he even missed a feeding. We let Jack sleep and fed him another bottle around 7am while the others slept. Confused yet??? We were!
Let's see how tonight goes. I know it will take some getting used to. I'm hoping Jack will catch up to his brother and sister eventually. I'm also hoping that, slowly, Josh and Abby will up their volume at 9pm. We wouldn't want our chunkers to lose any weight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Man, you are GOOD! You set your alarm for a feeding??? I would just wake up slammed out of a deep 3-hour sleep by screams of hunger from 3 very pissed off babies. Which, of course, made me pissed off. LOL Ahhh... How I don't miss those days AT ALL!!!! :)
ReplyDelete