Sunday, June 14, 2009

ISCU Reunion

Sunday we went to Evanston at Northwestern University Ryan Field for the annual ISCU (Infant Special Care Unit) picnic. I couldn't believe how many people came! It is such a wonderful event because people come year after year. It was a beautiful day, but a bit chilly by the lake. They had face painting, jumpys, little car races, tents, etc. Of course the babies are a bit too young to enjoy all that. We mostly walked around and talked to other triplet families. Yes, there were tons of them! We met a family that had 2 year old trips (GGB) and a family that had 4 year olds (BBG) and 1 year trips (GGG). Every single family could not believe the size of our kids. They kept going on and on asking me what we feed them. The family of 1 year olds actually looked smaller than ours! I also asked when everyone crawled and the general consensus tended to be close to 12 months old. Wow! Our boys are already on the go. It was so great to just ask them questions and watch their kids interact. I love our age, but I can't wait to see how they will play together.

We exchanged numbers with the 1 year old family who live nearby. After about an hour, all 3 families (ours included) headed back home. Like I said, when they are older, they'll be able to play on all the equipment, plus they were getting cranky from missing a nap. It was nice to see the 1 year old family driving an SUV like ours. It CAN be done! All in all, it was a nice day. Unfortunately, we did not get to see any nurses or doctors that worked with the babies, but I'm glad we met other families.

No comments:

Post a Comment