Thursday, October 22, 2009

Walking Update

I have been slacking on posting regarding the babies walking.

Josh took his first steps just before their bday and has been a walking machine. He has perfected turning, running, and bending down to pick things up. He barely ever crawls anymore and I am just so happy he's mobile!

Jack was always close behind Josh. He spent a lot of time doing the drunken man walk. In the past weeks he really has improved and can turn and walk quickly. He gets so excited when we let him walk upstairs on the wood floor. He gravitates towards these little stuffed pumpkins and grabs one for each hand.

Abby was still crawling and barely standing up on her own when Josh first started. Now, WOW, what a difference. She has gotten to be such a brave little girl. She is starting to get up on her own instead of walking over to us or an object. I think she likes the freedom and she now walks all over the basement. I love watching her because she still does the Frankenstein arms.

Everyone always warned me, "Wait till they start walking". I don't see it that way. I love that they are getting a bit more independent. I can't wait to start running around with them. I know that will come soon enough.

Hopefully this video works. It's from mid October.

2 comments:

  1. It's fun to see them walk but I'm still trying to get used to the idea of them running in 3 different directions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Thanks for sharing. I love how Abby looks back at you and smiles and then continues on her way.

    ReplyDelete