Saturday, December 26, 2009

Twas the Night Before Christmas...

and we headed to Chris's grandma's house. Chris was VERY worried that we would be throwing their sleep schedule off because the festivities were planned for late in the day. Also, he had to leave for work the next day and wanted a full night's rest.

We arrived around 5pm, and of course, it took some time for the kids to get adjusted. Jack started screaming, and Abby wouldn't let me put her down. I knew they would calm down and I was more worried about the Superyard-less Christmas tree, but no fear, they didn't even pay attention.

Aunt Cathy brought out all of Chris's old toys and all it took were the blocks for Abby to be happy. And of course, the boys were fed and therefore felt at home.

It's just so funny to remember that last year they were sitting in their infant seats and were SO tiny. I love that they are older and were running around interacting with everyone.


It came time to open presents and they really were not interested. Aunt Cathy brought out a Rubbermaid container, and that was much more exciting. So, I got the joy of opening! The kids got some play phones, a tunnel/tent, an art easel, savings bonds, clothes, a huge food playset and tons of things in their stocking.

Thanks to everyone for helping us out. You know, it is difficult to get three toddlers changed, dressed, put into their coats, packed up, but it is so worth it to spend some quality time with family. I am so thankful that we can go out with them and expose them to the world instead of sitting sheltered at home.

The kids passed out immediately in the car, and barely protested to being moved into their cribs. They slept beautifully all night, no doubt with visions of sugar-plums dancing in their heads.

2 comments:

  1. What a great family photo! Thanks for stopping by today=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Isn't it crazy how much we worry about throwing off their sleep schedules...I have been a little more flexible lately and believe it or not no one has pulled an all nighter. :) Love all the pictures and I'm glad the trip was such a success!

    ReplyDelete